Gmail Offline is a Google Chrome app that lets you read and manage messages when you don’t have an Internet connection. You can even compose messages that will be sent when you’re back online.
Opening Gmail Offline
1. Open a new tab in Chrome.
2. Click on the Applications bar under the browser address line. Select Gmail Offline.
Installing Gmail Offline
Get the Chrome app
- Go to Gmail Settings.
- Go to Offline-tab. Select Install Gmail Offline.
3. You will be directed to Chrome Web Store's Gmail Offline page. Press the green button to launch the app.
3. When launching Gmail Offline for the first time, the system asks for permissions to use the Offline-mode. Choose Allow offline mail and press Continue.
4. You will be directed straight to Gmail Offline.